Saturday, December 7, 2013

Torched Cat Promo Video

Since the primary purpose of this blog is about music, I figured that I had to try to get some of my music up as I work on the album.  So here is a link to a short video I created featuring excerpts of two of the tracks from the San-Ship album: "My Brother Died on The Chessboard" and "Memories In My Pocket."

http://youtu.be/QEj3Z2fUBWQ

The Chessboard excerpt opens the video.  This track is one of the few tracks that I play keyboards on.  In this case, I'm using an Oberheim TV-1 analog synth for the opening.  (Many people mistake it for guitar).  I'll post additional info about the Oberheim later.  Also heard on this excerpt is the Carvin fretless bass.  I use the Les Paul for all the guitar parts on this track, though it is not heard on this excerpt.

The Memories excerpt features both the Les Paul and my Strat.  I play the Paul for the lead part which is panned hard left in the stereo field.  The Strat is panned hard right. (I was too lazy to include footage of me playing the Strat in the video, but it's on the track).  Both are played through my Line 6 Bogner tube amp. The bass is my Ibanez SR500 through the usual chain, though obviously overdriven. Drop D tuning is employed on all instruments.  My "secret weapon" on mixdown is the UAD Fatso plug-in on virtually all the tracks, including the drums and vocals.  The Fatso is particularly effective in bringing out the "growl" harmonics of the Ibanez, especially for the "death march" intro of the song.

Some screen shots from the video of the Ibanez and the Paul:



No comments:

Post a Comment